Velocity Leadership Coaching – FAQs
Q: WHAT DO YOU DO?
A: Velocity Leadership Consulting equips organizations and professionals to deliver targeted leadership competencies and values necessary for optimal performance. We provide the approach and tools essential for transforming daily interactions into meaningful experiences. We enable your staff to align on strategy and achieve objectives faster while establishing enduring momentum.
Q: WHY SHOULD MY ORGANIZATION WORK WITH VELOCITY?
A: We increase leadership and culture capabilities to help your staff achieve their personal and professional objectives. We believe in leading from a value-based position and inspiring greatness. We view the talents housed within your staff as an organization’s most incredible and treasured resource and know that by tapping into their motivations and accelerating focus and mindset their behaviors will begin to enable them—and your organization—to excel.
Q: HOW ARE YOUR PROGRAMS DIFFERENT THAN “TRAININGS”? WE’VE TRIED TRAININGS AND THEY DON’T SEEM TO STICK.
A: Velocity Leadership Consulting is unique in three ways:
- Our facilitators use a variety of methods to help participants begin to grasp the significance of the leadership development process and to fully engage. Soon, participants become authentically invested in seeing and experiencing the implications of the tools in real-time, laying the foundation for effective learning.
- Daily application—while your staff does their work—ensures the behaviors we’re teaching become sustained habits. Our unique STAND (Sustainability Teams Achieving a New Direction) program creates real-world mastery through group interaction, peer support meetings, self-led applications, and ongoing facilitator support. It’s a proven process that ensures long-term success.
- We blend leadership and the development streams for immediate performance impact. Your staff’s objectives form the backbone of our seminar, so there’s no time spent on unnecessary topics.
Q: DOESN’T IT COME DOWN TO JUST BEING POSITIVE? HOW CAN I REALLY BE EFFECTIVE IF I’M JUST BEING POSITIVE?
A: You can't. Leaders know that the world is not perfect, and tough issues must be addressed. We equip professionals with the tools they need to effectively handle the days that are diamonds, along with the days that are stones, providing leadership development during all situations and stages of leadership.
Q: WHAT SORT OF TIME INVESTMENT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?
A: There are two parts to this answer:
- The most successful clients know that time invested in developing a high-performing culture is not wasted time away from work —it is invaluable time spent on your work.
- Our program lasts two days or more. The larger the upfront time commitment, the greater the impact on your sustained performance and results.
Q: WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESSES DO YOU WORK WITH?
A: We work with any business or organization committed to building a stronger, forward-focused culture. Over the last few years, we have partnered with mental health professionals, schools, successful businesses, and hospitals.
Velocity Coaching Process
Your coaching journey begins with a 30 min free consultation where we will learn more about you and address your needs as a client. In this introductory session, we will create the context and goals for the coaching.
Meeting times can vary based on need and availability. We offer 2 different convenient meeting time rotations – either once/week or 3x/month. Sessions can take place via phone or Zoom calls. Each session after the first complimentary session is 50 minutes long.
In between sessions, you will be asked to participate in proven engaging, reflective activities in order for you to move toward your specified goals.
So that you get the most accurate assessment, as a new client, I ask that you commit to an initial three months of sessions, and then we will then decide together whether or not to continue beyond that time frame.
My clients are people that are in a variety of stages in their life, but they all have one thing in common; they all have taken the next step in enriching their lives and that of those around them. Some came to velocity coaching during the crux of their life where they needed a substantial reset and others were just seeking support form a seasoned leader. Whatever the case is, we work with all of our clients in an individualized approach that is catered to their specific needs based on the season of their life they are in, the career in which they work, and the lifestyle that they live.